Shirodhara is one of the most pleasurable and best-known ayurvedic therapies, widespread in some of the best spas in the world. It is the therapeutic application in a continuous flow of a liquid on the forehead for specific periods of time.
This course aims to provide the learner with different alternatives on how to prepare simple and aesthetic shirodahra mechanisms, at a low cost, in an office or spa.
It also includes the essential training of applying different shirodahra /Shirah Seka (etymol. shirah = head; Seka or dahra = continuous flow) techniques. These are:
- Taila dahra – Continuous flow of oil on the forehead (pituitary gland)
- Ksheera dahra – Continuous flow of milk on the forehead (pituitary gland)
- Thakra dahra – Continuous flow of buttermilk on the forehead (pituitary gland).
Benefits of this therapy include:
- Disorders related to the head, neck, eyes, ears, nose and throat and nervous system disorders such as facial palsy and paralysis and eyelid ptosis.
- It is known as an effective treatment for schizophrenia and epilepsy with the help of other medications
- Treatment for headaches, insomnia and lack of concentration
- Strengthens the metabolism and nervous system, improves digestion, voice and sensory organs
- Helps maintain the balance of body and mind and increases memory and retention capacity
- Nourishes and rejuvenates the hair in particular and the body in general
Nourishes the semen and blood, bringing more strength and love to the conjugal union
To book private consultations and therapies or simply ask any questions contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no prerequisites for taking this course.
However, it is necessary to consider that it is a challenging course with moments of theoretical and practical evaluation throughout the training.
It is recommended to have some knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology for a correct application and understanding of the therapies and techniques involved.
If you feel the need to deepen your knowledge, you can enjoy a 30% discount on the Anatomy and Physiology Course taught within the Advanced Course on Complementary Osteopathic Techniques – talk to us!
This course integrates the Master in Ayurvedic Therapy and Consultancy. If you later decide to deepen your knowledge and join the Master, the amount invested in this short course will be deducted from the total amount of the Master and its completion will be considered as a module already completed.