The syllabus of this course includes eight Ayurvedic therapies used both as maintenance, detoxification and rejuvenation techniques for healthy people and for the treatment of specific diseases. They are:
- Kadivasti – Retention of heated and medicated oil in the sacral area. Benefits: Relief from lower back and back pain, stimulates the nervous system relieving pain and numbness. It is a good relief for sciatica and herniated disc pain.
- Urovasti – Retention of heated and medicated oil in the chest area. Benefits: Treatment of burning and pain in the chest, convulsive hiccups, asthma, respiratory problems due to trauma, pulmonary congestion and shortness of breath.
- Greevavasti – Retention of heated and medicated oil in the cervical region. Benefits: Treatment of joint stiffness, cervical spondylosis, neck pain, hand paralysis and numbness. Stimulates the nervous system relieving pain and numbness.
- Netravasti – Retention of Ghee (ghee will be prepared in class) in the eyes. Benefits: Cleansing, promoting and protecting eyesight. Used effectively in treating virtually all eye disorders. It is the most suitable treatment for Fire element disorders.
- Karna Poorana – Retention of specific oil in the ears. Benefits: Treatment of specific disorders of this sensory organ such as earache, deafness, ringing in the ears, dizziness, vertigo, etc. It also promotes healthy teeth and gums.
- Shirovasti – Retention of slightly heated medicated oil on the head. Benefits: Treatment of various types of paralysis and numbness of the body. Treatment of pathologies related to eyes, nose, ears and mouth. It is used in the cure of migraine pain, sinusitis, stress and mental strain, improves complexion, memory and promotes deep sleep.
- Gulphavasti – Retaining warmed and medicated oil in the knee joints. Benefits: Treatment of knee joint pain, and symptoms like looseness, swelling, stiffness and crepitus in these joints. All will be explained and described thoroughly although only the first four will be put into practice by all trainees.
291€ or 50€ pre-registration + 2 instalments of 125€ (to be paid until the beginning of the course)
There are no prerequisites for taking this course.
However, it is necessary to consider that it is a challenging course with moments of theoretical and practical evaluation throughout the training.
It is recommended to have some knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology for a correct application and understanding of the therapies and techniques involved.
If you feel the need to deepen your knowledge, you can enjoy a 30% discount on the Anatomy and Physiology Course taught within the Advanced Course on Complementary Osteopathic Techniques – talk to us!
This course integrates the Master in Ayurvedic Therapy and Consultancy. If you later decide to deepen your knowledge and join the Master, the amount invested in this short course will be deducted from the total amount of the Master and its completion will be considered as a module already completed.