In the Malayalam dialect of Kerala, it means applying pressure with the feet. This practice, developed by the martial artists of Kalaripayattu, blends art and dance as the therapist uses the feet to apply fluid massage sequences all over the body.
It is widely practiced in India, Spain, England, Australia, USA and France and aims to increase the flexibility of the recipient while strengthening the postural muscles, opening the thoracic area and activating the energy circuits (nadis).
Foot massage can go to the source of the pain, feeling the affected areas, releasing accumulated tension and increasing circulation, flexibility and mobility. Its action can be even deeper and more therapeutic than certain hand massages. The movements can be gentle, deep or invigorating: each part of the foot serves a different function.
This is a specialisation of Ayurvedic bodywork, integrated in a way that provides entirely new ways of touching and honouring bodies, proven by experimentation over millennia.
Some of the benefits of this massage are:
- Increase blood circulation and the consequent strengthening of metabolism and immunity
- Toning the whole body
- Promote the elimination of excessive fat
- Restore and repair damaged tissues
- Restore physical balance
- Preventing premature ageing and promoting rejuvenation
- Introduction of some basic principles of Ayurveda
- Cosmological vision of Ayurveda, the 5 Elements and the Doshas
- Recommended routines
- Recommended oils in Chavutti Thirumal
- A brief history
- Benefits and contraindications
- Massage sequences developed by the martial artists of Kalaripayattu, which mix art and dance, and can reach the source of pain with gentle, deep or invigorating movements.
266,75€ or 50€ pre-registration + 2 instalments of 112,50€ (to be paid until the beginning of the course)
There are no prerequisites for taking this course.
However, it is necessary to consider that it is a challenging course with moments of theoretical and practical evaluation throughout the training.
It is recommended to have some knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology for a correct application and understanding of the therapies and techniques involved.
If you feel the need to deepen your knowledge, you can enjoy a 30% discount on the Anatomy and Physiology Course taught within the scope of the Advanced Course on Complementary Osteopathic Techniques – talk to us!
This course integrates the Master in Ayurvedic Therapy and Consultancy. If you later decide to deepen your knowledge and join the Master, the amount invested in this short course will be deducted from the total amount of the Master and its completion will be considered as a module already completed.
O pagamento deve ser efetuado por transferência bancária para o IBAN
PT50 0007 0000 0029 0422 07523
TITULAR: Centro de Ayurveda
É essencial o envio do comprovativo de pagamento para o email: